WHY SPRAY FOAM INSULATION
We could give you the short-answer and tell you that it’s simply the best, but chances are, you want to know why:
Spray foam insulation offers fool-proof insulating versatility and flexibility to architects, builders and homeowners that simply is not available with conventional insulation systems such as cellulose or fiberglass. Spray foam insulation expands 120 times it’s liquid volume, while closed cell insulation expands 8 to 10 times it’s liquid volume when applied. That’s a major difference. Densities are 0.5 lbs and 2 lbs per cubic foot. The rapid expansion of spray foam ensures that it reaches and fully insulates all of the various cracks and crevices within your insulation project, whether they’re large, small, near, far or in-between. Seal It’s installation approach ultimately results in a rock-solid air barrier that:
• Stops the dreaded “convective loop” issue
• Eliminates air infiltration (i.e. outdoor air leaking in)
• Prevents heat loss in winter (resulting in significant energy savings)
• Drastically reduces your structure’s ability to gain heat in the summer
• Acts as a barrier to air-borne water vapor (unwelcome water is every homeowners worst enemy)
• Prevents condensation from forming where you can’t see it (within your walls and roof)
The flexibility of foam insulation is invaluable when insulating complex roofing system, especially one that simply cannot be effectively insulated with fiberglass or cellulose. Foam will not sag or settle over time and it also maintains its insulation properties in the event of exposure to moisture, such as a roof leak. Thermal envelope design eliminates the need for roof venting in all cases of roof area insulation. Thermal envelope design effectively allows the reduction of size when choosing heating, cooling, and ventilating equipment. This directly translates into savings in equipment costs and long term operating costs.
Read Our Customer Reviews and check out Our Google Reviews, we’re one of the best insulation companies in Maine and we guarantee you won’t be disappointed.